CZERO JOB OPENING
Controls Engineering Intern
Posted: December 13, 2018
Posting#: 2018 – 011
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
***Please note: Must live within commuting distance of Fort Collins***
Time Commitment: 15 hours per week during school year and Full Time over the summer
Travel requirements: Limited and occasional travel for onsite work with clients or suppliers
Reporting structure: Reports to Lead Controls Engineer
Czero seeks a controls engineer intern with a focus in robotics and/or motion control to be part of small team completing critical aspects of Department of Energy demonstration project. This will be a demanding program and we are seeking an exceptional graduate student or individual with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The engineering intern in this role will work as part of an agile, highly collaborative, R&D team that designs and develops first- and second-stage prototype systems for advanced automotive, oil and gas, clean tech, aerospace, transportation and other industries.
At Czero, we work on a wide variety of projects for companies large and small, developing embedded controls for mechanical, electromechanical, and electrohydraulic systems and subsystems. We specialize in first-ever technologies, energy efficiency, and integrating novel technologies into existing systems. Our projects range from high-efficiency powertrain systems to mobile and industrial hydraulics to large-scale system integration.
We are looking for an intern with focus and experience in the field of motion control and/or robotics to augment our current robotics project. Czero is a small company so our controls engineers must wear multiple hats; systems engineer, automation engineer, and firmware engineer to name a few. This provides for multiple opportunities for our engineers to expand their breadth of knowledge.
Representative tasks for this internship
- Work with internal team to design, implement and test control solutions for novel robotic agriculture equipment that incorporate various actuators and control strategies.
- Apply established tools for software documentation, adherence to requirements, version control, and meeting system objectives for performance and quality.
- Hands on testing, validation, and implementation of control systems in laboratory environments and in the field.
- Participate in peer reviews of software and hardware designs
Essential for this position
- Experience in controls system and/or robotic system design and development.
- Experience in software programming and development.
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis.
- Ability to apply skills to simulation, code development, and implementation in the test cell and laboratory.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A passionate interest, shared with everyone on the Czero team, in developing profitable innovations that make a positive global impact.
Additional consideration given to those with experience in these areas
- Embedded Software Development in C/C++
U.S. citizenship or the ability to satisfy U.S. Department of Justice requirements without assistance from Czero. Please do not reply to this if you cannot meet this requirement as unfortunately we cannot make any exceptions here.
The right fit for our team
Beyond technical ability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking, able to handle multiple projects at a time, and tenacious when it comes to a tough challenge. Everyone at Czero enjoys the challenge of tackling hard problems and is willing to put in the time and effort to solve them. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
If you join our team, you will find Czero an interesting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Your contributions will make a significant impact on high-profile projects that are positive for our clients, the environment and the economy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
An established, fast-growing mechanical engineering firm located in Fort Collins, Colorado, Czero specializes in early-stage R&D in the areas of automotive, commercial vehicles, oil and gas, and clean technologies. Our team takes on wide-ranging engineering challenges for both private and public sector clients, developing new technologies and delivering high-quality proof-of-concept prototype systems.
We are passionate about the environment, and our work centers on scalable, cost-effective solutions to increase energy efficiency, improve energy storage and decrease harmful emissions. Co-located at the Powerhouse Energy Campus of the Colorado State University (CSU) Energy Institute, we also work closely with CSU researchers.
Please do not contact us regarding this or other positions at Czero; we already have an established relationship with a great recruiting team. Thanks!