CZERO JOB OPENING
Business Development and Sales
Posted: June 13, 2019
Date of posting: June 13, 2019
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
Time commitment: Full Time
Travel requirements: 25% to 75% depending on business needs
Reporting structure: Reports to Chief Operating Officer
Czero seeks an experienced Business Development and Sales professional with a proven record of identifying, nurturing and closing new sales opportunities in the Business to Business (B2B) engineering & technology services sector. We’re looking to land exciting engineering R&D projects by providing innovations in Energy, Cleantech, Transportation, Defense, Oil & Gas, and other industries.
In this role, the successful candidate will work to build business directly with clients and through highly valued partners to identify and pursue B2B opportunities that support Czero business objectives. Czero is a highly collaborative environment, and the successful candidate will work closely with Czero management and have access to a strong and deep engineering team.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, with a strong technical acumen
3-5 years of experience with demonstrated success and growth in delivering sales wins
Essential for this position
- Proven experience as a business-development and sales professional in engineering services or related technology fields.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly and effectively communicate Czero’s value proposition to the market.
- Consultative approach to understanding client background, potential client needs, and development and closure of complex sales opportunities.
- Documented track record in developing new clients and opportunities; from developing where to hunt, through prospecting, qualification, proposal development, and opportunity closure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the commercial process from initial contact to closure.
- Independent and intrinsically motivated to perform without need for regular, direct oversight.
- Positive, team player, with “do what it takes” attitude and problem-solving mentality.
- Strong sales narrative; excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically by air or auto, and occasionally internationally.
- Commitment to Czero goals and a desire for continuous improvement.
Additional consideration given to those with experience in these areas
- Engineering degree and/or significant technical sales experience.
- Experience in US Government contracting.
- Create and execute a dynamic sales plan that meets/exceeds Czero sales objectives.
- Identify and qualify strategic accounts that support Czero business objectives.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers.
- Develop and qualify new customer opportunities by contacting key executive decision makers.
- Effectively connect with, and communicate, potential customer needs based on Czero capabilities and expertise.
- Support the development and presentation of proposals that articulate differentiated value based on a well-qualified understanding of customer needs.
- Nurture opportunities through the sales funnel to opportunity closure.
- Support management of customer expectations throughout the project execution lifecycle.
- Documentation and communication of capture pursuits and results; including entering and maintaining accurate records of the overall sales funnel and communications in Salesforce.
- Prioritize and attend external marketing events (conferences, trade shows, customer events).
- Routinely report on key sales metrics toward attainment of business objectives.
- U.S. citizenship or the ability to satisfy U.S. Department of Justice work requirements without assistance from Czero
The right fit for our team
Beyond business development and sales capability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, hardworking, able to handle multiple customer relationships simultaneously, and tenacious when it comes to a tough challenge. Everyone at Czero enjoys the challenge of tackling hard problems and is willing to put in the time and effort to solve them. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
If you join our team, you will find Czero an interesting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Your contributions will make a significant impact on high-profile projects that are positive for our clients, the environment and the economy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
An established, fast-growing mechanical engineering firm located in Fort Collins, CO, Czero specializes in early-stage R&D in the areas of automotive, commercial vehicles, oil and gas, and clean technologies for local and global companies. Our team takes on wide-ranging engineering challenges for both private and public sector clients, developing new technologies and delivering high quality proof-of-concept prototype systems. We are passionate about the environment, and our work centers on scalable, cost-effective solutions to increase energy efficiency, improve energy storage and delivery, and decrease harmful emissions.
Czero has a strong network of partner companies, suppliers, and university collaboration partners, including the Colorado State University (CSU) Energy Institute, often working with university researchers on cutting edge technology development. If you join our team, you will find Czero an interesting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Your contributions will make a significant impact on high-profile projects that are positive for our clients, the environment, and the economy.
Please do not contact us regarding this or other positions at Czero; we already have an established relationship with a great recruiting team. Thanks!