CZERO JOB OPENING
Business Development Manager, Engineering
Posted: February 28, 2018
Posting#: 2018 – 001
Location: Houston, TX
Time Commitment: Part time
Reporting structure: Reports to Director of Business Development
Czero seeks an experienced lead generation (“Rain Maker”), business development professional with a proven record of identifying, nurturing and closing new sales opportunities in the Business to Business (B2B) Oil & Gas services sector. This is a part time position that is highly contingency based with high upside compensation potential based on superior performance.
In this role, the successful Business Development Manager will work both independently and with partners to identify and pursue B2B opportunities that support Czero business objectives. Czero works in a highly collaborative environment, and our Business Development Manager will have access to a strong, deep team of engineering professionals. The Business Development Manager will selectively call on upstream, midstream and downstream operators, refining, petrochemical, and gas processing end users based on Czero objectives. This includes extensive direct contact with customer decision makers, including interactions and presentations to high level to C-level executives. A strong relationship-based, consultative selling approach is a must to promote/sell/secure long-term contracts. Demonstrated ability to qualify, prioritize, and drive solutions within an opportunity space with defined next steps is critical. Knowledge of selling engineering services within the oil and gas industry, is a must. The Business Development Manager will need to demonstrate a track record of implementing large, complex line of business deals within a portfolio of accounts, with focus on the early sales stages and implementations as required for repeat business (full project sales cycle – Presales, Sales, Deployment and Support).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities; including lead generation, deal reviews, client negotiations and closing deals.
- Represent Czero services to current and prospective customers at field events such as demos, conferences, seminars, forums.
- Generate high-quality sales leads and have strong follow up to develop qualified opportunities and projects.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Czero’s capabilities and related solutions, and present value to customers, increasing focus and knowledge on deployment and adoption of services.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to plan and execute a sales plan in alignment with organizational goals, targets, and business strategies.
- Bring strong market knowledge through established networks and understanding of the client and competitive landscape.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Expedite resolutions for customers and/or project needs, obstacles, or issues.
- Deliver presentations and communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports.
- Illustrate an organized and analytical approach to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Track sales opportunities through Salesforce CRM, keeping management informed through activity reports and regular (weekly) meetings.
- Develop strong relationships with key and potential clients operating within the Oil & Gas sector and other industries to promote the services of Czero; including but not limited to:
- Use existing contacts to locate the decision makers at key companies and build relationships
- Develop new contacts when there are none available
- Influence key decision makers and drive tactical sales
- Setup, organize, and attend demonstrations to educate customers to drive new sales
- Team effectively with all Czero team members to provide oral and written feedback to help identify current and future industry needs, problems, interests, goals, competitive activities, and potential for new services.
- Expedite resolutions for customer and/or project needs, obstacles, or issues
- Attend and network within industry groups, forums, conferences to keep abreast of market conditions, competitive actions, customer needs, champion Czero’s value proposition and identify new prospects
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field
10+ years of experience with demonstrated success and growth in delivering sales wins
Essential for this position
- Proven experience as a sales/business development professional in the engineering services or technology field.
- Totally customer-focused with strong people and presentation skills required to build customer relationships and close large, complex deals.
- Experience collaborating with sales leadership, technical sales and engineering staff. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated he/she has worked as part of a collaborative sales organization and delivered great results.
- Documented track record in developing new clients and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the commercial process from initial contact to closure.
- Quickly understand and effectively communicate Czero’s value proposition to the market.
- Self-directed professional without need for regular, direct oversight.
- Positive, team player, with “do what it takes” attitude and problem-solving mentality.
- Strong sales narrative; excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to travel by air or auto, domestically.
- Commitment to Czero’s goals and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be U.S. citizen
THE RIGHT FIT FOR OUR TEAM
Beyond business development capability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking, able to handle multiple customer relationships simultaneously, and tenacious when it comes to a tough challenge. Everyone at Czero enjoys the challenge of tackling hard problems and is willing to put in the time and effort to solve them. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
If you join our team, you will find Czero an interesting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Your contributions will make a significant impact on high-profile projects that are positive for our clients, the environment and the economy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.