CZERO JOB OPENING – CONTRACT POSITION
Mechanical Engineer/Designer – Contractor
Posted: July 19, 2017
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
***Please note: Must live within commuting distance of Fort Collins***
Time Commitment: Contractor
Reporting structure: Reports directly to VP of Engineering
We are looking for experienced Mechanical Engineers/Designers with the CAD and analytical skills required to take projects from start to finish. On our team, you will work in a highly collaborative environment, supporting research and development projects in automotive engineering, oil and gas, and clean technologies.
At Czero we work on a wide variety of projects, for companies large and small, both developing technology innovations and advancing existing mechanical, electromechanical, and electrohydraulic systems and subsystems. We specialize in the engineering, design and development of first- and second-stage prototype systems. On a given day, our projects may include high-efficiency powertrain systems, mobile and industrial hydraulics, large scale system integration, and packaging of precision laboratory instrumentation, to name a few. We equip our team with today’s best tools for the top-of-the-line, industry-leading work we do for our clients.
This posting is specifically for contract engineers that can assist Czero from time to time as needed.
- Develop new concepts and designs to solve R&D challenges
- Perform analysis as part of the design process using spreadsheets, Mathcad, or similar programs (i.e. fatigue, buckling, peak stress, system hydraulic flow/pressure calculation, actuator/pump/motor sizing, spring/gear/spline design, etc.)
- Create solid models using SolidWorks (preferred) or Autodesk Inventor
- Perform tolerance stack-ups using GD&T methods to make production-ready prints of designs
- Make assembly prints and complete BOMs
- Work with the team to evaluate concepts and conduct design reviews
- Work with the team on FMEA’s and documentation
- Write specifications for purchased components
- Work with vendors and experts on component selection
- Meet with clients, vendors, and partners
- Document design activities
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (advanced degree preferred)
8+ years of experience using solid modeling/CAD tools for design, with the majority of time spent applying CAD tools during that period.
Essential for this position
- Work every day with internal and external teams to scope the problem and develop solutions; working well as a team member is essential
- Strong and effective verbal and written communications for interpersonal interactions
- Strong engineering and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate and deliver on projects that are often nebulous and ill-defined
- Be equally comfortable with a “napkin sketch” or a fully defined specification
- Thorough and up-to-date understanding and experience using CAD software and GD&T
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Commitment to Czero’s goals and a desire for continuous improvement
Additional consideration given to those with experience in these areas
- Analysis capabilities: FEA, CFD, dynamic modeling, MATLAB, Simulink
- Experience with material and coating selection
- Document control and PDM experience
- Automotive powertrain engineering/design
- Engineering for oil & gas applications
- Hydraulic systems, including industrial hydraulics and high-bandwidth systems such as fuel injectors, high-speed valves, etc.
- Process piping (ASME 31.1 & 31.3)
- Must be U.S. citizen
THE RIGHT FIT FOR OUR TEAM
Beyond technical ability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking, able to handle multiple projects at a time, and tenacious when it comes to a tough challenge. Everyone at Czero enjoys the challenge of tackling hard problems and is willing to put in the time and effort to solve them. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.