CZERO JOB OPENING
Posted: July 19, 2017
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
Time Commitment: Full Time
We’re seeking an experienced Engineering Technician to provide laboratory support for highly technical projects touching several industries, including automotive, oil and gas, and clean technologies. The successful candidate will work with highly skilled engineers in a collaborative environment, supporting research and development projects for our clients.
At Czero, we work on a wide variety of projects, for companies large and small, developing technology innovations and advancing existing mechanical, electromechanical, and electrohydraulic systems and subsystems. We specialize in the engineering, design and development of first- and second-stage prototype systems. On a given day, our projects may include high-efficiency powertrain systems, mobile and industrial hydraulics, large scale system integration, and packaging of precision laboratory instrumentation, to name a few. We equip our team with best tools for the top-of-the-line, industry-leading work we do for our clients.
Associate’s degree in engineering technology (Bachelor’s degree a plus)
10+ years of experience in a laboratory environment, with regular and collaborative interaction with engineering projects, including builds, execution, repairs, diagnostic / trouble shooting. Strong references expected.
Exceptional mechanical aptitude and intuition
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical systems
- Ability to quickly understand new, complex systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- Machining (mill, lathe, other machine tools)
- Welding, material joining
- General fabrication and assembly of large systems
- Ability to assemble complex systems from prints
- Assembling high precision components
- Wiring, soldering
- Working with electronic test equipment (meters, scopes, other instrumentation)
- Basic electronic circuit skills and trouble shooting
- High performer
- Detail oriented
- Capable of working well with minimal supervision, yet works well with team members
- Goal driven
- Willing to go the extra mile for the team
Additional consideration will be given to those with experience in these areas
- Experience with high-pressure hydraulic systems
- Engine, transmission rebuilding
- Electric vehicle, or hybrid experience
- General automotive
- Capable of following test plans and running tests
- Organized and good communications skills
- Skilled at working with computers and electronic instruments
- Capable of learning new electronic systems
- Must be U.S. citizen
THE RIGHT FIT FOR OUR TEAM
Beyond technical ability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking, able to handle multiple projects at a time, and tenacious when it comes to a tough challenge. Everyone at Czero enjoys the challenge of hard problems and is willing to put in the time and effort to solve them. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.